Date(s) - 12/07/2019
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Columbia Grange #267
Instructor: Anne Philipsborn
Emphasis is on learning the fundamentals of alignment and yoga terminology. We will practice and explore (primarily) standing poses that stretch and strengthen the body to achieve balance. This 90-minute class is perfect for beginners to yoga, for continuing students and for students new to the Iyengar method.
Next Term Dates
- November 16
- November 23
- November 30
- December 7
- December 14
Current Term Dates
- September 7
- September 14
- September 21
- September 28
- October 5
Prior Term Dates
- July 20
- July 27
- August 3
- August 10
- August 17
Registration and Payment Information
- Students can drop in to single classes and pay $12/class. Payment is due at the beginning of each class.
- Students can also commit to / pay for a 5-week term and pay $54 ($10.80/class). Payment is due at the beginning of the first class of the term.
- If you have taken my class before, or if we’ve corresponded about your yoga experience and health condition, feel free to just show up to class.
- If I haven’t met you or corresponded with you, please email me before coming to class.
- If you sign up for and pay for a term, you are committed to the term. There are no make-up opportunities for missed classes.
Coming to Class
- I will need each student to fill out a liability waiver prior to their first class.. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to allow time for this
- Please bring a yoga mat. All other equipment will be provided.
- Many students prefer to come to class with an empty stomach; however, do what is best for your body
- Certified Iyengar Yoga Teachers are trained to accommodate a wide variety of issues in the context of their yoga classes. Please let me know if you have any injuries or health concerns so that I can guide you appropriately. I understand that this often feels very personal, but it will help us work together more effectively. And, if you don’t want to share this information in front of the group, please feel free to pull me aside so that we can talk a bit more privately
- Wear comfortable exercise clothing – shorts, leggings, tank tops, tee shirts work fine. Clothing should not be so tight that is is restrictive and not so baggy that it gets in the way. Also, baggy clothing hinders the teacher’s ability to view your alignment
- Please refrain from wearing fragrances (perfume, after shave, hair products with heavy fragrances, essential oils, strong deodorants)
- Please remove your shoes and socks for class. We practice with bare feet.